Sewing Machine Service Department
Our Goal is to Keep You Sewing!
Our factory trained technicians remain certified and up to date on repair and maintenance of machines, both old and new. We are authorized service providers for Bernina, Brother, Janome, Nolting and Artistic machines. We will, however, work on most makes and models. We will give you a FREE estimate when you drop off your machine along with an estimated pick-up date. (Please make arrangements for a one-day service at least two weeks in advance.)
Regular maintenance of your sewing machine will keep it running smoothly, and ultimately, lengthen the life of the machine. Even if your machine is stitching fine, a regular tune-up (every 1-2 years depending on usage) will keep your machine well oiled, threads cleaned out of moving parts, feed dogs adjusted, needle bars adjusted, presser feet checked for wear, bobbin case and needle plates checked and adjusted. All of these things keep your motor from overworking and grooves from forming that cause thread jams. All service work comes with a 6-month warranty on the work that was performed.
Machine Health Tips
- Change the needle on a regular basis — dull needles not only damage fabrics, they are more likely to bend or break and cause machine damage.
- Clean and oil the bobbin case area on a regular basis — this keeps lint and threads from building up and causing problems.
- DON’T change the tension on your regular sewing bobbin case — the screw has no markings to indicate its original position. ALWAYS adjust tension from the top using the numbered dial. (The exception is bobbin drawing- a special technique- in which case a second, separate bobbin case should be used!)
- Use the correct presser foot for the job.
- Be sure you are threading correctly — putting your bobbin in backwards is easy to do and causes a myriad of problems.
- Bring your machine in annually for a regular tune up — just like you do for your car!
How Often Should My Machine Be Serviced?
It is recommended to have all sewing machines serviced once a year whether they are being used heavily or just sitting. There is nothing worst that being frustrated the next time you sit down to sew something. Take a pro-active approach in keeping your sewing machine service to keep it smoothly running for years to come.
What Do I Need to Bring With My Sewing Machine?
To ensure that we can get your machine back on it’s feet as soon as possible please bring the following items with your sewing machine when it comes in for service:
- Foot Controller
- Power Cord
- Standard, Zig-Zag, and Walking Presser Feet
- Bobbin and Bobbin Case
Do You Offer A Service Warranty?
- Shop Labor is warrantied for 90 days from the date that service was performed
- Parts are warrantied according to the individual part manufacturers
If we can not fix the machine the is NO CHARGE. Guaranteed! We stand behind all of the work that we perform. Our policy is to call you and discuss repair options if parts are needed that will cost more than $10.00.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"There are soooo many fabrics to choose from and great quality! The staff is super friendly, and the discount room doesn't hurt!" — Jenny Poker
"Fabric City/The Sewing Center came to my rescue again. I needed backing for a quilt I'm making for an October wedding gift & of course, they had exactly what I needed! the staff is so helpful, not sure what I'd do without the friendly advice..! Hugs to you all..! BTW the store had tons of quilts on display & lots of pretty fabrics!" — Pat Winter
"I can not say enough!! Fun and fantastic classes!! The fabric selection is awesome! The employees are very professional and knowledgeable. The sewing machines are top notch. The owners are professional and really make you feel at home at their Business. I had issues with my embroidery unit and the owners adjusted the tension and my embroidery unit works like a dream!! I highly recommend Fabric City and The Sewing Center!!" — Marla Knaup
"Every Time I am in Rapid City I make it a point to go here. I can't wait until I have time to take some of their classes." — Marie Hull
"Exceptionally customer focused & working hard to supply mask materials during the pandemic." — Marci Burdick